Eat according to the season to get fit, and lose weight.
This is the time to lose all the body fat and calories we accumulate over the winter that kept us warm and energized.
In winter, nature provides heavier foods such as nuts, oils, and other source of fat and protein to warm us against the cold days. That is why we tend to gain some extra pounds in winter!
In spring, nature provides food to cleanse the excess of fat and protein accumulated in winter.
If we keep eating a diet high in fat, calories, and protein, our body will not have the time to catch up in digesting the excess from winter; and the excess of calories will be stored as fat. In addition, some of the excess will accumulate as toxins harming our health and predisposing our body to diseases.
Spring season is a low calorie and a low fat diet.
Minimize foods that are heavy, oily, sweet, and sour, Instead increase foods that are light, dry, bitter, and astringent, and watch how naturally you lose weight!
· Nuts: Avoid nuts; instead eat pumpkin, pinions, and sunflower seeds.
· Dairy: Low-fat or nonfat no homogenized cow’s milk, substitute with rice milk.
· Fruits: Reduce fatty heavy fruits (bananas, figs, dates, avocados, coconuts), replace for apples, pears, lemons, lime, pomegranate, and berries.
· Grains: Reduce wheat; instead eat quinoa, rye, barley, corn, brown rice, and buckwheat.
· Legumes: Any kind are good, the best are bean sprouts
· Vegetables: Reduce tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, zucchini (it is not their season yet!),
Instead, eat more bitter greens vegetables, such as kale, leeks, arugula, cabbage family vegetable, alfalfa sprouts, beets, carrots, celery, etc.
· Meat: Reduce red meat; instead eat in moderation more Freshwater fish, chicken, and turkey.
· Oils: Use oil in moderation: The best choices are sunflower, safflower, olive and corn oil.
· Sweeteners: Raw honey instead of raw sugar